Monday, July 15, 2013

Comic-Con 2013 Preview

The International Comic-Con in San Diego has become one of the summer's highlights. The comics/pop culture convention is not just for geeks anymore so here is what we are looking forward to see starting next Wednesday, July 17th.

If we can agree on something is that TV is getting better and better so we definitely expect to hear about the panels from Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Dexter and Breaking Bad (these two on their final seasons) and the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, the TV spin off of Marvel's The Avengers and maybe one of the most anticipated series of the fall season.

In regard to films I'm really excited about the Terry Gilliam's preview of Zero Theorem and I want to hear about the Warner Bros panel, featuring Godzilla and Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity.

I'm not so excited about the Sci-fi/horror selection for this year. We have movies like The World's End, Ender's Game, Riddick, Europa Report and remakes of Robocob and Carrie. Believe me, it sounds better than it looks.



I'm not such a fan of superheroes but I'm looking forward to the Marvel Studios panel, just because I enjoy the way they marketing their movies so I want to see the way they are going to promoted Phase 3. If you are not familiar, Phase 1 was The Avengers ensemble (it ended with Marvel's The Avengers), Phase 2 are the sequels (it will end with The Avengers 2 so we're now in the middle of Phase 2) and Phase 3 is next. We've only heard about a single film: Ant-Man.

Just to end this first entry, Entertainment Weekly is having a session called "The Visionaries", a conversation between Edgar Wright, Alfonso Cuaron and Marc Webb. It could be interesting.

I'll be bringing you the very best of the Comic-Con 2013 so, as they say in TV, keep tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment