Wednesday, July 3, 2013

World War Z-ummer Movies

Why did I like "World War Z"? Maybe because even when you get a lot of action scenes, you can see there is a script and someone actually thinking how to make it happen. I'm not saying there are not a lot of people involved in all the "Avengers" or "Man of Steel" buildings' destruction, but in WWZ, Marc Foster (the director) took a different approach, I could even say an old-fashion and now kind of demode approach; it's not about what I'm going to do to destroy all this stuff but how I'm going to create this scene. the result... a real movie. You have suspense, tension, action, a plot an characters you can relate with. If this is not enough, you have a lot of fast crazy zombies too. If that isn't entertainment I don't know what is it. So this is a great CGI, mega blockbuster Popcorn Summer movie.

I know what are you thinking? No guy in superhero costume? Well, Brad Pitt goes from South Korea to Israel to Wales wearing a scarf during the whole freaking time, even when he is surrounded by thousands of hungry zombies. So... there it is.

World War Z
Directed by Marc Foster
B


On the set. Marc Foster and Brad Pitt

No comments:

Post a Comment